Tuesday, January 1, 2013

High End Makeup

I thought I'de jump on and rant a bit, about why i don't spend my money on high end makeup. Yes, I own some high end things(Lorac, Bare minerals, Urban Decay) but everything I own came from a MyGlam bag or was given to me as a gift. Its just not worth it. Any color eyeshadow under the sun, can be found in the drugstore, and really, who needs three different shades of electric blue eyeshadow from MAC? I see so many 'dupe' websites, and pintrest boards. How do people continue to blow $20 on a MAC shadow. For instance,


a NYX shadow is $5! Their shadows are amazing quality, so creamy, and sophisticated. Makeup has come a long way since Wet n' Wild was 'play makeup' you can find great stuff for affordable prices. Maybe its just me, but $15 for a SINGLE eyeshadow, when I can buy a 144 palette from E.L.F for the same price...
  Anyway, that was my little rant. I hope you enjoyed, or learned a bit, or both!

p.s. heres a great pinner for dupes. I frequent her board ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment