Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Skin Series: Part 2



Hey Guys! This is the second installment in my skin care series. This one is about how to go to the drugstore armed with knowledge and on a mission.
  • Marketing techniques
When you look at the packaging on a product, you see miracle claims. "Makes you look 10 years younger, instantly!" or "Perfects skin in as little as 2 weeks!" advertisements can say what ever they want, knowing whats actually inside that tiny bottle of $100 "miracle" cream, will show you what results you can actually expect. Companies pay extra to put their product on the middle shelves right at eye level, the number one piece of advise I can give you, is to take your time. No one in CVS is watching you read the ingredients on every product that interests you. :) ALWAYS look on the bottom shelves, that is where they usually keep the store brands, and the treatments, such as AHA and BHA. I know we are all guilty of just running in, and picking up the same toner we have always used, or the same makeup wipes. But experimenting is half the fun! Some of the less known brands, have the best products. This is the best book I've found on marketing and the things to remember when buying beauty products, and it's something you can take with you!

  • Ingredients
If you know me, you know, next to sunscreen, this is my biggest soap box issue. Take my mom for example, she believes the "miracle claims' I talked about, and she spends tons of money on garbage. Then gets upset when the creams don't work. The best way I can explain it is, if a box of matches said SOAP on the box, would you use it as soap and expect it to clean you? No. I've gotten to the point where I don't even read the claims, I go straight to the back of the box. Knowing what the big fancy words really mean, will help you solve your skin problems. This website is one that I frequent, to find the newest way that companies word things like alcohol(ethanol, isopropyl, mehtyl, ect).


No comments:

Post a Comment