Wednesday, January 2, 2013

MTroller(Dermaroller) First Impression

The Dermaroller is a microneedling therapy system that microscopically wounds the skin, to help your cell turnover, producing more collagen and making new skin grow.
Here is an accurate picture of what the Dermaroller looks like.
It basically punctures your skin a lot, and makes your skin heal itself. I did a lot of research on the product and the results real people have gotten from using this. Here is an example of what just a few months of using this once a week, did for this lady's acne scarring.
I think that is incredible. Although I never had acne, and I don't have acne scarring or any kind of real marks on my face; the Dermaroller is effective at treating premature aging, and overall just giving your skin a boost every once in a while. The best way I can think to describe it is, it's waking your skin up, and saying hey! get your act together. It's bringing new life to your face. Like I said, I did a lot of research, and my husband thinks I'm crazy, but I think it's innovative. SOOO on to the first impression! I received my Dermaroller in the mail yesterday, after ordering it online(eBay) for about $4.95 with free shipping. It came in a black package, and inside was the box.

The length of the needle depends on the process you want. For instance, mine is a 1mm needle, for wrinkle reduction and prevention. Stretch marks are a 3mm needle, because your dermis is located 3mm from the skin you see. Things like acne scarring require lower needle sizes and the company I ordered from sells them as small as 0.2mm. The amount of needles was not an option for me, the company only offers the standard 192. Although I've seen up to 540. 
Inside the box was a neat little case, which seems like it would be easy to sanitize, as well as the roller(everything is either metal or solid plastic. I will probably be boiling it before and after use.)

Sorry for the flash, it's 9pm and I usually take pictures during the day by my window. ha. anyway, I haven't used it yet, that is why this is just an unboxing/first impression. I did roll it on my hand, and it is NOT painful. I was scared, even though I had heard people over and over, its not painful, its not painful, and it really isn't! Well, on the back of my hand at least.
So here is MY roller, again, sorry for the picture, but at least you can see the needles. I personally think 540 is excessive. The website says you can go over an area multiple times. So I don't see the reason for that many needles. I don't plan on using it in the next few days, my birthday is tomorrow and my party is the next day, wouldn't want my face to puff up.

From what I have heard, you experience redness and irritation the first and second time, and then you don't notice it at all after continued use. You are supposed to sanitize every time, and replace it every month. That means about 4-6 uses for each roller. I would assume, besides hygiene, the needles would become dull and it would be more painful.

I will definitely keep you updated, not only on the process, but before and after photos, and if and when I am seeing results.

No comments:

Post a Comment