Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Maybelline Color Tattoo swatches/review

Hey guys! I was looking through my collection, and I saw I had a lot of the Color Tattoos from Maybelline. They are great and affordable cream eyeshadows from the drugstore. So I thought I would show you the ones I have and tell you a bit about them.

I have seven; Too Cool, Bold Gold, Tough as Taupe, Inked in Pink, Barely Branded, Tenacious Teal, and Bad to the Bronze.
They retail at about $6 a piece, they come in little pots, similar to MAC paint pots. They are glass and are bottom heavy. The top is plastic and doesn't seem as well made and sturdy as the bottom, though  I have never had a jar break on me. You get a decent amount of product for the price, and they last a long time if you keep the jar closed. I'm on my second pot of Bad to the Bronze, because I left the cap off. Although now I know you can put a bit of saline solution into dried out products to make them good as new. It speaks volumes about a product when I have to rush out and repurchase something when it dries out. 

I use Bad to the Bronze (second from the left on the bottom row.) on a daily basis. It is the perfect neutral, it has warm goldeny undertones and is, just as it says, bronze. Sorry about the picture, they are so shimmery and the light reflects off of them so much that it was hard to get the true color. This picture is un-touched. From the top left we have Too Cool, which is a basic white, very cool undertones, I don't use this much unless I'm going out at night, and I'm doing a smokey eye. It is too frosty for me. Then the second from the left on the top row is Tough as Taupe. It doesn't seem taupe to me, more grey, it is a very matte shadow, and again, I only use this when I am doing a dramatic smokey eye. Next is Tenacious Teal, I almost bought this as a joke, it...seems so unwearable, but as a pop of color in your inner corner, it really brings out the green in my brown eyes, if that makes sense. Then on the bottom row from the left is, Bold Gold, and this must have been the dud in my collection, it doesn't seem to have much pigment to it, unless you build it up, more glitter than anything, although for a really simple look I sweep it all over my lid and call it done. Then we have Bad to the Bronze, and then Barely Branded, which is a champagne color, very flesh toned with warm undertones, it is metallic and is part of the metal line within the color tattoo line. I love it and it has become another one of my go-to's. Last, on the very right of the bottom row is Inked in Pink, I don't usually wear pink eyeshadow, but I felt this was wearable, it is a muted pink and it's metallic, I actually love it, and wear it more than I thought I would.

BOTTOM LINE: if you want to skip all the reading, they are lovely, all of them, they last FOREVER, I mean you are going to need olive oil to get these things off, they are simple, and now come in very wearable shades, and I think everyone should own Bad to the Bronze and Barely Branded, you will get your $6 worth out of those two at least. They are a staple in my collection, and as you saw, I wouldn't be without them.


No comments:

Post a Comment