Thursday, January 3, 2013

Neutrogena Wave Unboxing/Review

Normally when I unbox something I can't give a review, because it's brand new to me. This, on the other hand, I have had before. I gave my old one(which was a not so cutely packaged and smaller version when they first came out) to a friend. This one was in my stocking this Christmas. They retail at about $10.
 The claims, as you can see.. "softer skin in just one use" and "cleans 10x deeper" I can say that my skin did feel softer, but any cleansing and exfoliation will do that. I have heard that this is geared more towards acne prone skin, which I don't have. I hate washing my face with a wash cloth or one of those little pads, like the ones from Aveeno. Bleck! So, something I can hold and not have to manually scrub my skin with, is nice.

When you take it out of the box, this is what you see. I'm happily surprised that it now comes with the needed battery(which will last you two forevers!) in my previous one, it didn't. It also comes with the pre-soaped pads.

10 to be exact, which is not bad, probably a week and a half before you have to buy new pads. The pads come in different "styles" there is a deal right now at walmart, 2 boxes of thirty pads(each) for $11. Obviously not expensive to maintain, but you can also rinse off the pads and use your own soap, that is my method of choice; who knows what ingredients are in the "foaming pads" and I'm a bit partial to my facial washes :)

Here is what the pad looks like on the wave. It has a hatch on one side that holds the battery, and an ON/OFF button on the other side. It vibrates, which I don't like, if you press too hard it is a little abrasive. I haven't tried the Neutrogena Wave Sonic yet, but I would like to. It spins, like the Clarisonic, and any Sonicare toothbrush. Seems like a cheaper alternative to the Clarisonic..hmm maybe I'll do a comparison on all the facial cleansing tools at the drugstore.

So far, I'm on the fence, I didn't love it before, but I'm giving it another shot, and hoping it won't be so abrasive.


No comments:

Post a Comment