Sunday, December 30, 2012

Patricia Wexler M.D. MMPi20 serum

I got this serum in a bath and body works grab bag type thing last year. But on the bottom of the jar it has her website I'm sure you could buy it there. Mine is .5fl and comes in a jar(which I hate! you can never get all the product out!) the actual "serum" is a pink gel, that feels very silky and emollient. The directions say " apply 2x daily- AM and PM. gently massage a small amount over clean face and neck avoiding eye area." I pretty much tossed the directions out the window, one, this "serum" is more like a thick creamy gel, I would never use this in the morning, my makeup would just slide off my face ;) so I only use it at night...as an eye cream. haha, it specifically says don't use around eyes, but I found it so rich i had to try it. and its perfect! it doesn't make me puffy, and it keeps my eyes so hydrated! plus the jar I got is so tiny, I could only see using a VERY small amount at a time for it to last. so eye cream it is.
It smells familiar, like...the pool? The jar doesn't list the ingredients and for the life of me, I couldn't find them online. It has just a hint of chemical smell, which is off putting, but I'm not a big stickler on 'paraben free, dye free, fragranc free, soap free, animal cruelty free, ingredient free, ect.' you get the picture. 


I think for the price(a very very steep $65 for 3.4fl) its not worth it. Ive been using it for about a year and have seen no difference. At best its a moisture mask, for an eyecream its so-so, it has no added benefits, like sunscreen, vitamin C or retinol(I'm assuming, since theres no list of ingredients and companys usually try and put that front and center) I'de say no go on this "Skin Regenerating Serum" way overpriced, and no results.


1 comment:

  1. Great post! I am excited for some upcoming ones! I would love it if you could check out my blog and follow me? Thanks so much! http://camigmakeup4u2c.blogspot.com

    xoxo
    Cami

    ReplyDelete