Friday, December 28, 2012

Maybelline XXL Pro Extensions Mascara



Let me start off by saying, I have naturally blonde hair, so my eyelashes are of course blonde, thin, and stick straight. Although I do have quite a bit of length, and enough volume. So now that you know about my "eyelash type" lets get on with the review. Originally, I purchased this mascara because Samantha Schuerman raves about it in almost all of her videos.I've been using it for about 6 months now, and I'm in love, I wore it every single day for the first month, but now its a special occasion mascara. It gives amazing volume, not a lot of length(for me) and it doesn't clump at all! 


This is a two-step mascara, with a white side and a black side. The white side is labeled 1, and it has little fibers that are supposed to "adhere" to the ends of YOUR lashes and give length. I'm gonna stop here and say, no...nothing about that is true, not only are there MINIMAL fibers, they don't adhere, and when they do its to the base of your lashes, which gives a weird spikey look. With that being said, the white side is very thick, it coats every lash and doubles its volume. I personally do two coats of the white and that's it. The black side is so-so, its not bad but it's not good. 



The white side has a tendency to not want to be covered, so I use a black as night mascara over top(loreal carbon black mascara in waterproof) instead. But it's gotta tell you something if I would continue to repurchase just for the white side. It's a bit expensive, about $10, but like I said, I have repurchased several times. I would recommend this mascara to anyone. I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment